top of page

If you are dissatisfied with our bill


If you are not happy with the amount of our fees you have a number of options:


1. You can use our internal complaints procedure.  In the first instance, please raise your concerns with the fee earner responsible for the work within one month of the date of the invoice.  If you still have queries or concerns, please contact our Senior Partner, Edmund Bailhache on 01823 333098 or by email to


2. If you remain dissatisfied you can also complain to the Legal Ombudsman (“LeO”) at:


Legal Ombudsman

PO Box 6806



0300 555 0333


Complaints to the LeO must be made within six months of our final written response to your complaint and no more than six years from the date of our act or omission or no more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was a cause for complaint.  If you feel that we have not dealt with your complaint to your satisfaction within eight weeks, you have the right to involve the LeO, even if you have not had a final response from us.

3. You may apply to the Court for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974


Your rights are set out more fully in the Solicitors (Non-Contentious Business) Remuneration Order 2009



If you are dissatisfied with our service


You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority; .


bottom of page